Terms & Conditions
Delivery of the ashes
You are welcome to deliver the ashes to us in person at our Studio or send them via post. We recommend Royal Mail Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery. If delivering in person, please deliver to;
Ashes into Glass
Essex CM11 2UD
Please see our contact page for opening hours or call us on 01268 293000.
Coming to see your glass being made
If you would like to come along to see your glass being made, please call us on 01268 293000 to make an appointment. Please be aware that you will not be able to take your pieces away on the day. The glass needs to cool slowly for 18 hours and then there are other processes after this; mounting of rings and pendants, engraving etc.
When you send us your loved one's ashes, you are trusting us to look after them in the best way that we can, carry out the relevent processes and safely return the unused ashes to you. Our commitments are as follows;
- The ashes are kept in our locked premesis at all times.
- All processes are carried out at Barleylands Glassworks. The ashes are never transferred to any other workshop or organisation.
- They are kept in a sealed bag in a container.
- They are marked clearly with the order details including the order number, name of deceased and customer's name.
- When pieces are produced, they are made separately from other orders by James Watts, Bill Rhodes and their team.
Payment for your items due upon completion of the glass. We can accept most major credit and debit cards over the telephone or in person at our studio. Alternatively, you can send a cheque in the post. Orders are dispatched once we have received cleared payment.
Delivery of your order
Upon receipt of your order, we will send you confirmation in the post detailing your order number, the products you have ordered and your expected delivery date. The expected delivery date is a guide only and the actual delivery date may be before or after this date.